What we do:
John D’Amato, Esq. is the owner of John D’Amato, PLLC, and has over 25 years experience in helping individuals and small businesses with debt problems. By choice, John D’Amato is the sole attorney owner in this firm. He is assisted by one full-time legal assistant (past 9 years) and three part-time attorneys. An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Legal Assistant because the current assistant will be retiring (and working for us only on a part-time basis).
John enjoys practicing law and daily meeting with a wide variety of individuals. His clients include teachers, attorneys, laborers, doctors, collectors, and many others.
John has been married since 1990 and is the father of five children. John views his practice of law primarily as a profession and a calling, rather than a business. This practice is a means of earning a living for himself and his family by helping others.
Why we do it:
John D’Amato, PLLC has the following purpose:
Remove or restructure debt with excellence for client prosperity in health, relationships, and finances.
John and his staff will never look down upon a client. We understand there are many reasons for financial problems, including medical problems, loss of a job, and divorce.
If any of the following apply to you, then please do not apply as this is not the job for you.
- you view clients as an inconvenience;
- you make excuses for your poor performance;
- you were the student who needed mom or dad to remind you about completing your homework or your projects;
- you need a lot of direction and hands-on guidance;
- you are already set in your ways and are not willing to learn;
- you prefer to put off until tomorrow what could be done today;
- you do not already know how to prepare a budget; and/or
- you are not punctual
Apply only if:
- your past employer would give you a great recommendation and would call you an “A-Level”employee;
- you are highly organized yourself and can assist the owner with staying organized;
- you are an excellent and quick learner and have very legible handwriting;
- you can accurately type at 45 WPM (or more);
- you are looking for a long-term professional relationship, i.e. one that exceeds five years;
- you have excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills;
- you have a strong work ethic, are detail oriented, and are a well-organized self-starter with a professional attitude;
- you have a keen attention to detail and accuracy, are accountable, and have a tenacity for finding solutions to problems;
- you are self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- you are willing to learn the company’s process and procedures;
- you have an excellent work history;
- you have a good moral character, including honesty;
- you work with speed and accuracy;
- you will raise issues and concerns promptly;
- you are a truly talented individual;
- you are a pleasure to deal with;
- you believe that you can be the best at almost anything you do and you can prove that;
- you are extremely customer-oriented;
- you enjoy developing a deep and meaningful rapport with clients;
- you have a burning desire to succeed;
- you have a never-say-die attitude;
- you find ways to perform well, even in bad situations
- you can research discrepancies or other abnormalities in a timely manner, with limited supervision, and report any significant discrepancies to management;
- you can maintain a strict level of confidentiality and be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement; and
- you are willing to satisfy typical pre-employment screening procedures, including reference verification.
Tasks you will be performing:
- answer phones: direct calls to correct party; set up new client consult; answer general questions
- process client payments
- assisting with preparing and filing petitions and motions with Bankruptcy Court
- manage attorney calendars
- type letters
- support attorneys in contacting clients
- support attorneys in preparing documentation
- process payroll
- order supplies
The ideal person:
We firmly believe in hiring the RIGHT person for this job, not simply the person with the most credentials. The person we hire will be an “A-Level” employee who will know what it means to meet deadlines, work independently, and will help to restore our faith in the American work ethic. We like working with smart, motivated individuals who are eager to learn.
We would love to work with an experienced (5+ years) office worker who is motivated and works with ease on a computer (scan, emails, attachments, dual monitors etc.).
If you are a fast learner, can follow the standards and procedures of John D’Amato, PLLC, can conduct yourself in a professional manner, and clearly understand the difference between activity and accomplishment, then you should apply today! We would love to hear from you.
What you can expect:
- Hours: 35-40 hours per week
- Rate: $15-$18/hour
An employer with a calm personality that insists on kindness at the office.
How to apply:
Listen to the entire recording below because it contains important information on how to apply for this position. Please note applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Send your resume with a cover letter by using the form below (preferred) or send that by US Mail.
Attn: Donna D’Amato, Talent Finder John D’Amato, PLLC
4245 Union Road, Suite 208
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Fax: 716-706-0013 Email: Johndamato121@gmail.com