What we do
John D’Amato, Esq. is the owner of John D’Amato, PLLC, and has over 20 years experience in helping individuals and small businesses with debt problems. By choice, John D’Amato is the sole attorney owner in this firm. He is assisted by one full-time legal assistant and three part-time attorneys.
John and his staff will never look down upon a client. We understand there are many reasons for financial problems, including medical problems, loss of a job, and divorce.
John enjoys practicing law and daily meeting with a wide variety of individuals. His clients include teachers, attorneys, laborers, doctors, collectors, and many others.
John has been married since 1990 (to the current bookkeeper – well done!) and is the father of five children. John views his practice of law primarily as a profession and a calling, rather than a business. This practice is a means of earning a living for himself and his family by helping others.
Why we do it
John D’Amato, PLLC has the following purpose:
Remove or restructure debt with excellence for client prosperity in health, relationships, and finances.
Please do not apply if:
- You are someone looking for full-time work, but cannot find it;
- You make excuses for your poor performance;
- You were the student who needed mom or dad to remind you about completing your
homework or your projects;
- You need a lot of direction and hands-on guidance;
- You are already set in your ways and are not willing to learn; and/or
- You prefer to put off until tomorrow what could be done today.
This is not the job for you.
Apply only if:
- You are excellent with QuickBooks, have legible handwriting, and are looking for a long term relationship, i.e. one that exceeds five years;
- You have a minimum of three years of accounting experience;
- You have a 2 year or 4 year degree in accounting;
- You have excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills;
- You have a strong work ethic, are detail oriented, and are a well organized self-starter
with a professional attitude;
- You are organized, have keen attention to detail and accuracy, are accountable, and
have a tenacity for finding solutions to problems;
- You are self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- You are willing to learn the company’s process and procedures regarding recording
sales and categorizing expenses;
- You have an excellent work history;
- You have a good moral character, including honesty;
- You work with speed and accuracy;
- You will raise issues and concerns promptly;
- You are a truly talented bookkeeper;
- You are a pleasure to deal with;
- You are a quick learner;
- You can research discrepancies or other abnormalities in a timely manner, with limited
supervision, and report any significant discrepancies to management;
- You can maintain a strict level of confidentiality and be willing to sign a confidentiality
- You are willing to satisfy pre-employment screening procedures, including reference
Tasks you will be performing:
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation;
- Record-keeping and data entry;
- Distribute monies paid or received to a variety of Quickbooks categories;
- Perform year-end financial reports to hand off to CPA;
- Gather information from which CPA can prepare 1099s;
- Send files and data electronically (fax and scan) and/or through the U.S. Postal service
in a timely manner.
Tasks you will not be performing:
- Prepare bank deposits
- Payroll work
The ideal person:
We firmly believe in hiring the RIGHT person for this job, not simply the person with the most credentials. The person we hire will be an “A-Player” who will know what it means to meet deadlines, work independently, and will help to restore our faith in the American work ethic. We like working with smart, motivated individuals who are eager to learn.
We would love to work with an experienced – – 5+ years – – bookkeeper who is motivated and has significant experience with Quickbooks.
If you are a fast learner, can follow the standards and procedures of John D’Amato, PLLC, can conduct yourself in a professional manner, and clearly understand the difference between activity and accomplishment, then you should apply today! We would love to hear from you.
Hours: 3-6 hours per week
Will consider: a part-time employee or Independent Contractor
How to apply:
Upload your resume and cover letter using the form on this page or send both by fax or email using the contact information below. Please note applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Attn: Donna D’Amato, Talent Finder
John D’Amato, PLLC
4245 Union Road, Suite 208
Cheektowaga, NY 14225